Wednesday 7 October 2009

Idea Changes.

For my piece, I decided that I felt my target audience needed to be streteched out further to a slightly younger audience, but from looking at children's TV programmes, there are no TV dramas that are aimed at children younger than the age I have already researched (7-12 year olds). I thought about doing it at a younger audience as after doing my mock up idea, i thought that my idea would be more suited to a younger audience than the audience I had originally targeted. This was because of the bright colours and simple shapes I had used in my mock up, I didn't think that a 12 year old would be appealed to watching a program with what looks like quite a childish theme to it. So I decided to aim my piece at a younger target audience - youngest being 5 or 6 years old and the oldest being 9 or 10 years old. I will still use the same idea as in my mock up, but instead will theme the objects - I will base it on a girl gang of friends and so will use objects that can be associated with each of their different interests and roles in the group, for example one can be brainy and shy, another quite outgoing and into music and another into art. Letters can then move onto the screen when the characters are shown to show their names. This also doesn't limit me with where it needs to be set to film my characters, as the gang could be at school together or live near eachother etc. I so I can decide this. I believe this will make it more significant to my target audience. I will also give my piece a comedic effect, I'd like to make my programme a comedy drama for kids, as I beleive that from my research, this is the most appealing type of Children's TV drama.

No comments:

Post a Comment